The following resources & guidelines are available to help you submit your dissertation or thesis. Your school or department may have additional information on the process for your area of study.
Format Guidelines & Authoring Tools
- UT Manual for the Formatting of Graduate Dissertations and Theses
- UT Addendum - Sample Pages for Students Following the APA Style Guide
- UT Library Guide - Dissertations & Theses
- Instructions for Uploading Your Information and Paying Associated Fees to ProQuestUMI
- Online Submission FAQs
- PDF FAQs
- UT College of Graduate Studies Thesis and Dissertation Preparation
- UT College of Graduate Studies ETD Submission and Publication
Intellectual Property & Publishing Agreements, Guides & Policies
- Copyright and Your Dissertation or Thesis: Ownership, Fair Use, and Your Rights and Responsibilities
Copyright Laws Around the World
A supplement to Copyright Your Dissertation or Thesis: Ownership, Fair Use, and Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Protecting your copyright
Provides guidance on avoiding copyright infringement and protecting the copyright you have on your graduate work.
- Why Copyright
- Preparing your manuscript for submission (including supplemental files)
Provides guidance on how to embed fonts and other issues important to preparing your manuscript for submission.
- Subject Categories
A complete list of the available UMI subject categories.
- Delayed release and other publishing options
Provides guidance on why you may or may not want to put an embargo or sales restriction on your graduate work.
- Authors - Third party discovery and access to your dissertation/thesis