This page is your control center for managing the flow of student submissions from your school to ProQuest/UMI.
- By default, all submitted dissertations and theses assigned to any administrator at your institution are listed in the bottom section of the page.
- Controls for determining the contents of the list, and how the list is displayed, are located at the top of the page. The section is labeled as Update List.
The following diagram illustrates the path a submission can follow. Click to enlarge.
Use these links located next to 'Update List' to specify which ETDs are included in your displayed list:
- View allAll the dissertations and theses for your institution.
- View my ETDsOnly the dissertations and theses assigned to you for review at your institution.
- View active ETDsAll dissertations and theses whose status is not withdrawn, delivered, or published.
With a list displayed, you can customize your view by:
- Using the options displayed in the blue Update List area.
- Sorting your list by clicking a column heading.
- Always click Update List after making changes to the Update List section. Your list will refresh to reflect your changes.
- Click the Hide form/Show form links at the right of the blue Update List area to hide or show the section, allowing your list to occupy more of your screen.
- Click the Display Preferences link at the bottom left of your list to modify the appearance of your list and save those changes. For example, specify which fields are included and how many results display per page.
Make a selection from the drop-down to update your list to only include ETDs with that status.
- Any Status
- Delivered to ProQuest/UMIThe submission has been reviewed and delivered to ProQuest/UMI for publishing. The submission has been received by ProQuest/UMI.
- Delivery in ProgressThe submission has been reviewed and delivered to ProQuest/UMI but not yet received.
- Published by ProQuest/UMIIf no restrictions were placed on the work, the dissertation/thesis will now be available to researchers around the world through ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Database. Note: if restrictions were placed on the work, the abstract is available now in ProQuest Dissertations & Theses, and the work will be disseminated as directed by the author in the publishing agreement.
- Ready for ChecklistThe checklist must be completed to ensure your institution's requirements have been met; then the submission will be ready for a decision.
- Ready for DecisionThe submission is ready for review; when your review is complete you can register a decision.
- Ready for DeliveryThe submission has been approved by an administrator and can now be delivered to ProQuest/UMI.
- Submission in ProgressThe student has saved a draft of their submission, but still needs to submit it for review.
- Waiting for Revisions (Major)The submission has been reviewed. The student has been asked to make major changes.
- Waiting for Revisions (Minor)The submission has been reviewed. The student has been asked to make minor changes.
- WithdrawnThe submission has been permanently removed. This is rarely used.
Make a selection from the drop-down to update your list to only include ETDs with that last event. Last event is the most recent thing that happened to a dissertation/thesis: for instance, "Revision", or "Administrator Assigned".
You can create a personal list of tags to easily locate ETDs, and to group similar ones together. Tags can be any word or phrase you think is relevant.
For example, you can add the tag patents to all ETDs that have patents pending. Then, if you want to quickly find all ETDs with patents pending, you can update your list by selecting patents from the Associated Tags drop-down.
To add a tag to an ETD:
- While viewing an ETD, click Edit Tags in the Manage this ETD menu at the left of the page.
- Select from the list of tags you've used before, or create a new tag.
- Click Add tag.
We recommend short tags of one to three words.
Note: Other administrators and students cannot see your tags; it is a personal list.
Sorting your list
Pick a field to sort by: Click a column heading to sort your list by that field (for example, 'Student' or 'Last Event'). You can tell which field is currently used to sort the list by the arrow displaying next to the field .
Click the column heading a second time to reverse the sort order (e.g. ascending or descending).
You can permanently change the sort order using the Display Preferences link at the bottom left of your list.
Click the Display Preferences link at the bottom left of your list to modify the appearance of your list and save those changes.
- Pick which fields should display in your list by using the Add Field and Remove Field buttons.
- Change the order the fields display in using the Move Up and Move Down buttons. The field at the top will be the first field displayed in your dissertation/thesis list (in the leftmost column).
- Determine which dissertations/theses are displayed first in your list using the Sort by drop-down. Choose the field you want to sort by, and the direction you wish to sort by. For example, when sorting by ID, choose 'ascending' to display smaller ID numbers at the top of the list, and choose 'descending' to display higher ID numbers at the top.
Reviewing and managing submissions
Click an ETD title in your list to review its details and render a decision.
Lock a submission to prevent students from accessing it. Only the assigned administrator or your institution's primary administrator can unlock it.
Select the Locked check box located at the left side of a displayed ETD.
If you are the assigned or primary administrator:
- In your ETD list, click the lock icon corresponding to the ETD.
- Or, click the ETD title and deselect the Locked check box.
Viewing student details
Click the student icon next to a student name to view details, including contact information.